Happy Mother's Day to all of you!


I hope you all are having a great week, feeling appreciated and loved! You are a good Mom!

"The very fact that you worry about being a good Mom means: You already are one." ~ Jodi Picoult

Here is another fun Poem that I want to share with all of you from my dear friend Amanda. She composed this sharing her experience in her first MOPS group! Enjoy!



An Ode to MOPS


Together we gather to learn from each other
On how to become the best preschool mother 
For twice a month we learn a new skill  
And bring it on home hoping our families say, "I will"   

The topic is motherhood which is the hardest job I know  We struggle each day wondering if we are alone 
Thank goodness for MOPS, it brings us together 
And allows us to talk about more than the weather 

Relationships are deep and open and real 
Even when learning a brand new, fun skill 
We tackled the flowers and plants in the pots  And listened as members discussed their deepest thoughts 

We reflect on what they have said and bring it on home  For family to listen and remind us we are not alone  From scripture, we gather the strength to be our best
And look to The Word for help in our nest

Our homes now decluttered and ready to go
Although I've learned it is not necessary to show
 Friends being around is the most powerful part 
It keeps us connected and feels like a fresh start 

We analyzed our personalities and found colors to match  Continuing to build friendships and open the latch 
Finding out the languages we need to feel love 
And seeing the change like it came from above   

It helped me so much to learn about myself 
To share it at home gave my relationships wealth  
I discovered what I needed and talked of my days 
I felt myself growing and no longer in the haze   

Celebrations and crafts keep us uplifted once more  You always feel better than you did when you walked in the door
Learning about safety and emergencies too  Made me aware and frightened but now I know what to do

The men stopped by to give us their views  
Empowering each relationship through and through 
Making us giggle and laugh during the talk 
But learning the key is   to   communicate, more than a lot  

Giving to others who need it so much 
Having each other to use as a crutch 
My mops is a place just right for me 
Teaching me to be the best mother I can be   
  
Silly games and prizes galore  
the kids in each of us always wanting more and more  We laugh and we cry through this difficult time 
For raising our kids takes patience and "lime"   

Having some time away from the kids
To speak with adults without worrying what they did  They are happy to see us when we go get them at eleven  Picking them up getting hugs and kisses is heaven   

Last but not least we come to share and eat 
Made with our love or bought as a special treat 
All of us together make this group really great 
It makes me think it is more than just fate!

Now that mops is almost over, the year is just about done  We will all get together in the summer for more mommy fun  Thanks for the time, learning and advice  I know I am a better mom because of it and that is mighty nice!   

~­Amanda Harvey (First year of MOPS)


Comments

Popular Posts